Monday, October 13, 2014

October 13, 2014 - Gator and Turtle Soup!

Hey everyone!
 How has y'all's week been? Mine has been pretty good! Another week in Navarre.  I guess I will just start with Monday again.
Monday, we emailed and then just relaxed at 6 pm we went to dinner with Sister White and Sister William's she is actually from Santa Clara, her maiden name is Sister Cook. They are nice ladies we then went and visited with the W's. Then we did some planning.
Tuesday my companion was sick, we went to district meeting which was really good. We talked about "oyming" and finding those who are kept from the gospel because they don't know where to find it. Then we did some planning with the Gulf Breeze Elders for the family history booth. That was good. They are great Elders. After that we went home for lunch then we had to get stuff to fix my flat tire and stuff for our family history booth. Then we  went to see R, Sister A and then Sister F who was going to have us over for dinner, but she was in a lot of pain, so she bought us a gift card to this pizza place, so we went there for dinner.  Then we  did 12 week and fixed my tire. Well fixed my front tire...
Wednesday we went to Pensacola for interviews with our Mission President. That was really good. Then a member took us to CiCis Pizza. Then we went to see R and E. We gave her a Book of Mormon and she said she will read a chapter a week. She is so cute and funny. Then we went and had a lesson with A. We taught him about the priesthood. Then we biked home and did planning. Sister Strickland made me an awesome planner. It is pretty hashtagalishious and yes that is a word..
Thursday we visited some less actives and members and tried some potentials. Then we went to correlation meeting and then to this Relief Society activity. That was great! After we planned more for the family history booth. My back tire on my bike completely popped, so I had to get stuff to fix it, Sister S. and I fixed that. 
Friday we went to lunch, Sister Y then to Sister W's. Then we went to the thrift store and got everything else finalized for the family history booth.  Then we went to dinner with the M's and then we had a lesson with N. We also finished our weekly planning.
Saturday we went to our family history booth, it was a the "Picktober Fest" it was a breast cancer awareness fest. We were there from 10-5. The Gulf Breeze Elders helped us and that went really well, we talked to 411 people, and yes we did keep tract. Elder Young and I pretty much talked to half of those. Which was good because we are both still learning. After the booth we went to dinner with the E's. We went to the Thai Hut, that was pretty good. I got some really good pepper steak, lol. Then we went to our lesson with A, he is getting baptized on the 25th of this month. We are super excited for him!!!  :)
Sunday we went to church, it was really good. Two of our investigators came. After church we went with Sister M and helped her do some visiting teaching. Then we went to the K's for dinner and guess what they fed us.. GATOR and TURTLE Soup! It was really good. The gator tasted like chicken and the turtle tasted like beef. We really enjoyed it! Today we are doing another Nerf War with our District, that should be fun. Well, that is all I have for this week. We went to see this less active named D.W. and she totally called me by my first name, it was so funny. We were eating lunch and she was talking and said to me "What about you Hannah?" hahaha I then answered. (I cant remember what she asked) but I about started to bust up, ha ha...my companion looked at me and started laughing. It was pretty funny. Well, I hope I have some more eventful stories for next week. I love you all and hope you have a great week.
I know that this church is so true and that God loves us and he wants what is best for us. We are given trials to get stronger. He knows that we can and will get through whatever we are going through. Never forget that no matter what, Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us so much! I know this to be true. I hope y'all can feel it as well. I know that if we pray and have faith in him, then we can and WILL conquer anything. Stay strong everyone and always stay Happy. One of our District rules is to" BE HAPPY." Don't ever forget that! I love Y'all and pray for Y'all. Thanks for the love and support.
Love, Sister Hannah Seegrist
P.S sorry this letter is kind of shorter than normal..
      

No comments:

Post a Comment