Monday, November 3, 2014

November 3, 2014 - Sister Strickland is going home. Three Month Mark

Hey everyone,
So this week was pretty boring, lol.. just he same o'l same o'l. So this letter will be really short.
Monday, we had a district activity and we played Frisbee at the beach and also walked the pier. It's the longest pier in the Gulf of Mexico. That was a lot of fun! I saw so many jellyfish and some stingrays and little fishes.
 Tuesday, we had a great district meeting. It was a massive call to repentance, it was really good, the spirit was defiantly there! We had our ward trunk or treat which was really fun! We pimped out our bikes, lol... Well, actually we just had been biking and our bikes where still on the back of our car so we turned on all the flashy lights and a ward member gave us candy to hand out. That was a lot of fun!  Oh, Sister Strickland also took some pictures of us biking. We are trying to see what all we can do while we are biking, so far we have eaten snow cones.. the snow cone was in Sister Strickland's cup/bottle holder thing on her bike and I ate it while biking.  We have taken pictures and a few other things. I am getting pretty good at biking with no hands... lol. it's pretty fun! Also at the trunk or treat we talked with some people in our ward, their son who is 19 is going to Dixie in January. So J. keep an eye out for J.Y.  
Wednesday we just did the usual in the morning, then we had exchanges. Sister Nelson(the Sister trainer, one of them) came to Navarre. She was here before we came here. So we just had a pretty good exchange. It's funny the day she came all of our usually solid appointments fell through, but it was still good, also I have been driving now everyday, it is a fun little car to drive. 
 Thursday, we just did some missionary work as usual. We got a new investigator named A.. She has 6 kids. (She also came to church with 3 of her kids and her sons Girlfriend) so Thursday was good. We bike to the church and a ward member got so mad at us for biking in the dark. lol but we didn't have any miles, haha...so she drove us home. 
 Friday, we went to M.Y's for lunch. She made us pizza burgers they were pretty good then we had our district activity, we played broom hockey and bobbed for apples and ate donuts off of strings, haha... I won.. #immafatty.
 Saturday, we saw Miss K and worked at the thrift store, same old stuff. Then we had lunch with Sister A. She took us to the "Cactus Flower." That was good. Then we went and saw some inactives. Then we went to Taco bell with a Sister in the ward. #reallyafatty. 
Sunday, we had a lot of people come to church. We had less active come, our new investigator that I talked about and R, E, and R's grandson! It was really good. I think Gospel Doctrines scared A. a little bit lol...  Then we had a lesson with a recent convert L. She is 17 and super good at dancing. She is really sweet! She is the only member in her family. The mom sits in on every lesson. Hopefully she will join sometime. I think that is something L. would love if her whole family joined. Then we did some more missionary work and had dinner with the L's. They now tease me for liking brownies... #extrafat  So after dinner we went and saw V. She had to shave her head because her hair was falling out in clumps because of the Chemo. Poor lady, I think she is only in her 30's or 40's.. We met her son who is 10 years old, he lives with her sister. He is a cutie!
So that is about all that happened this week. Oh, and I am staying here in Navarre. Sister S's time is up and she is headed home on Friday! :( Well actually she leaves Navarre on Wednesday. I'm going to miss her! I guess it happens.  I love y'all. I want y'all to know that" I know the church is true. I love my mom and dad and my brothers and sisters too."
LOL...anyway's, I really do know that this church is true and that Jesus Christ died for us so we can returned to live with our loving Heavenly Father. I know that Joseph Smith restored this gospel on the earth and that we have a living Prophet today who really does lead and guide us. I know that we can be sealed to our families for time and all eternity. I also know how important it is! I love y'all and hope y'all have a very wonderful week!! #giveem'heaven #onlythebest #behappy!
Love, Sister Hannah Seegrist

No comments:

Post a Comment