Monday, September 29, 2014

September 29, 2014 - Bike Crash

Hey y'all!
 I hope you have had a great week! This week was a week of "Hannah Struggles".
 Monday we went to the beach an y'all know me, I  am just an awkward human being sometimes.
 Tuesday was just really long....we had district meeting, which went well. Sister Strickland and I had to teach. We also did OYMed, we talked to 18 new people and got 5 potential investigators. Then we went to see our recent convert R. he is doing good. His wife is going to start taking the lessons and we are super excited about that. She is super sweet! After we went to dinner with the D. family.  Man, oh man their kids are HYPER! Their 3 year old talks faster than a preacher talking about the end of the world! haha... She is super cute!
 Wednesday we worked at the thrift store and then we went to this delish sandwich place called "All American Hero's." it was really good! Afterwards we went to see C.  We then did OYMed,  then we came home for dinner. I started getting sick! I felt so sore and my throat hurt, it was something else. We went to a lesson with N.  her boyfriend came in and was like hey "I'm going to the" Tom Thumb." do you sisters want  anything?" we just said back "if they have Reese Peanut Butter Cup or Oreo just let us know." He came back and said that they didn't have the ones we wanted so he got us birthday cake ones. They are really nice people. Lol. Then we went and taught the C.'s. That went good.  
 Thursday, I was super sick and I couldn't even move. Thank goodness we didn't have any appointments, because I really felt like I could just die. We did get to watch "Nora's Christmas Gift." great movie, btw. I  want y'all to know that prayer really works. I was praying all day that I would feel better so we could go to our dinner appointment at 5pm. The whole day I was like, nope that isn't happening. But at about 4:30, I felt so much better. It was a real tender mercy. The Lord does listen to our prayers and helps us.
We went to our dinner appointment so that was good. Then we went to our correlation meeting (another place that I really I needed to feel better for)  then we went to our appointment with the K's. which went good! I didn't feel sick at all. When we got home the medicine had worn off and I felt like my head was going to explode, but we got what we needed to done. 
Friday was a extreme "Hannah Struggles" Day. We biked to M. Y's house and on our way we saw one of our investigators who we haven't seen in like 2 weeks. He yelled out "Sisters!!" I look and started waving to him, when I looked forward my companion had stopped (and just so you know we were going really, really fast, because we where late)  she stopped and of course me being me, didn't see her.  I slammed on my brakes but I still hit the back of her bike, my back tire was about 3 feet off of the ground! No joke,  that was the first time I have ever gone over the handle bars.  It was all kind of in slow motion.  I was just sitting on the ground laughing.  When I stood up, I realized that I screwed up my knee pretty bad. Haha, it was gushing blood, but it was totally fine. When we  went over to our investigator's house he was laughing so hard. It didn't really hurt, but all I could think about was what my face looked like as this sister missionary in a skirt is flying through the air.  Our investigator was like "are you going to be alright?" I was like, "yeah I'm fine."  He then he said "you country girl, dust the dirt off your back." Haha it was a pretty epic accident! haha. Anyway we got to M's house and she is like "Oh my gosh, come inside" There were some ward members at her house, so it was actually pretty embarrassing. Lol
 After we  went to R's house and he just pointed out the fact that I am a "Big boned women with wide shoulders." So yeah... then we went and taught C. and D. the gospel of Jesus Christ. They pretty much just laughed at my bike crash.  D. was the one that saw it all happen.. anyway that was a eventful day. 
 Saturday we had a ward barbque at the beach, that was fun. Then we went and did service at the thrift store. Later we  went to the women's broadcast in Pensacola. C. and her Daughter B. came so that was good. I met Krissy's sister! She looks just like her. It was cool to see her. Then we came home and sister K. and C. and B. brought us Krispy Kreme's. I'm telling you the members here are great!
 Sunday was a good day. Sister Strickland and I were asked to bear our testimonies. R's wife came to church and so did A.  Then we came home and went to our dinner appointment.  After we went to A's house and taught him the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We asked him to be baptized and he said yes. He doesn't want to pick a date yet because he wants to learn the rest of the lessons first, but he is a really great investigator. So this week was good and full of excitement. I don't have time to email y'all who emailed me this week. We only have an hour to email this week and I only have about 6 minutes left.   I love you all and want you to know that I read all of your letters. I hope you have a great week! Be the best you can be! God loves you! I love you! Jesus Christ loves you! You are loved.. #SHARETHELOVE #DONTCRASHYOURBIKE. I  love y'all,
Love, Sister Seegrist
 

No comments:

Post a Comment